Lighting: This is the one thing people normally associate with power outages. You are sitting at home and you are cast into darkness. The TV silences. As a child, during summer thunder storms that … [Read More...]
by Modern Self-Reliance When the power goes out for those living in urban or suburban cities this may mean the heat goes out too. While they say you can go 3-days without water, you can only last … [Read More...]
by Lauren at Modern Self-Reliance Keeping clean is important not only for disease control but also for your morale. A clean cooking and living environment can control the spread of bacteria but it … [Read More...]
- 8 Steps to Evaluating your Food Preparedness for Power Outages
- 7 Core Principles for Surviving an EMP
- 5 Steps to Evaluating Water Security during a Power Outage
- Minimalist Prepper? Can those two idea coexist?
- Reviewing “Feed a family of 4 for 1 year, for less than $300”
- Get Home Bag Basics
- Month by Month Checklist for Prepping
- Prepper Buzz Words Explained
- Why Am I so Passionate about Preparedness
- 3 Extra Places for A First Aid Kit
- TSA Approved Prepping: What’s in my Carry-on?
- Water Storage for Today, This Month and This Year
- Car Supplies You Can’t Do Winter Without
- 4 Steps to Building a 72-hr Bag
- One-Month Food Stash for Less than $150
Enjoy our articles?
Subscribe to Modern Self-Reliance get our latest content by email.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.