We may earn a small commission from any link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support our work in bringing you real information about homesteading skills and preparedness.
The Modern Self-Reliance team bought a house! Exciting and of-course very nerve-racking. (This explains our long absence from new content…sorry fans…life happened.) While moving, we made note of our security and preparedness concerns.
8 Security Concerns for your New Home
#1 Change The Locks
#2 OPSEC (moving day/movers)
#3 Alarm systems
#4 Social Media
#5 Meeting the Neighbors
#6 Organization (can’t find supplies)
#7 Check and Replace (broken, missing, purposely removed (my water))
#8 Updating Address (who really needs to know)
Have you moved recently? What steps did you take during or after the move for security or preparedness reasons? Share in the comments below.
- 8 Lessons Learned while Testing our 1 Month Food Box
- Day 1 Essentials for Moving
- 5 Essential Things you Need during a Power Outage
Enjoy our articles?
Subscribe to Modern Self-Reliance get our latest content by email.
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- 8 Security Concerns for a New Home - October 28, 2019
- 8 Lessons Learned while Testing our 1 Month Food Box - June 8, 2019
- Day 1 Essentials for Moving - May 11, 2019