by Lauren at Modern Self-Reliance As many readers may know, I live in an apartment but rent space in a community garden. This offers me many benefits but also has the draw back of limited space. However this weekend, the extra unsold lots got put up for sale and I was able to buy one! […]
by Lauren at Modern Self-Reliance One very rewarding thing about gardening is seeing your efforts start to bloom: literally. As we are getting out of June and into July, my garden is starting to bloom. Not the great big flowers for your table but the smaller ones that produce fruits, beans and vegetables. I also […]
by Lauren at Modern Self-Reliance As a new gardener starting out, should you start from scratch and use seed packets? Or does it make more sense to buy transplant from a nursery? If you plan on transplants, are you going to start seeds yourself or rely on nurseries with greenhouses? I will cover some of […]
- Post-Vacation Garden Growth
- Preparing My Garden for Vacation: Community Garden Update
- My Community Garden Layout for Summer Success
- 10 Lessons Learned from Last Year’s Garden
- 3 Things to Consider when Starting Seeds Inside
- How Much to Plant to Feed Your Family
- Common Indoor Gardening Pests
- Construction Guide to Indoor Growing Systems
Enjoy our articles?
Subscribe to Modern Self-Reliance get our latest content by email.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.