I have the ability to grow plants in my apartment. I have detailed my indoor apartment growing system which I have used to successfully grow carrots, tomatoes, green beans, spinach, and jalapenos. (My Indoor Growing Systems) Growing inside allows you to grow through the winter and have fresh produce year round. However there are a […]
Do you have left over apple scraps from making an apple pie or apple sauce? Don’t toss them! Use them to make apple cider vinegar. I will just call out the haters right now. Technically apple cider vinegar is made from apple cider (pressed apples), this is Apple Scrap Vinegar since it is made from […]
On March 2, 2017 the Burlington Public Library invited Russ Cohen to give a presentation on foraging for edible plants as part of their survival month. This free event happening right down the street was just was I was looking for. Wild Plants I Have Known…and Eaten by Russ Cohen Price: Free Duration: 2 hours […]
- 10 Lessons Learned from Last Year’s Garden 2017
- Final 2017 Community Garden Yields
- How to Peel Tomatoes for Smooth Pasta Sauce
- 7 Actually Easy to Grow Vegetables for the New Gardener
- 6 Steps to Setting Up a New Garden Space
- My First 2017 Harvest + Blooming Vegetables
- Starting Seeds or Buying Transplants: Which is Better for Your Garden?
- Post-Vacation Garden Growth
- Preparing My Garden for Vacation: Community Garden Update
- My Community Garden Layout for Summer Success
- 10 Lessons Learned from Last Year’s Garden 2016
- 3 Things to Consider when Starting Seeds Inside
- How Much to Plant to Feed Your Family
- Common Indoor Gardening Pests
- Construction Guide to Indoor Growing Systems
Enjoy our articles?
Subscribe to Modern Self-Reliance get our latest content by email.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.