Do you have left over apple scraps from making an apple pie or apple sauce? Don’t toss them! Use them to make apple cider vinegar. I will just call out the haters right now. Technically apple cider vinegar is made from apple cider (pressed apples), this is Apple Scrap Vinegar since it is made from […]
On March 2, 2017 the Burlington Public Library invited Russ Cohen to give a presentation on foraging for edible plants as part of their survival month. This free event happening right down the street was just was I was looking for. Wild Plants I Have Known…and Eaten by Russ Cohen Price: Free Duration: 2 hours […]
2017 was my second year gardening a rented plot at my local community garden. This year I had 600 sqft of freshly tilled soil to learn to grow, and make my fair share of gardening mistakes. My 2016 garden was a great success and I shared my lessons learned: 10 Lessons Learned from Last Year’s […]
- Final 2017 Community Garden Yields
- How to Peel Tomatoes for Smooth Pasta Sauce
- 7 Actually Easy to Grow Vegetables for the New Gardener
- 6 Steps to Setting Up a New Garden Space
- My First 2017 Harvest + Blooming Vegetables
- Starting Seeds or Buying Transplants: Which is Better for Your Garden?
- Post-Vacation Garden Growth
- Preparing My Garden for Vacation: Community Garden Update
- My Community Garden Layout for Summer Success
- 10 Lessons Learned from Last Year’s Garden 2016
- 3 Things to Consider when Starting Seeds Inside
- How Much to Plant to Feed Your Family
- Common Indoor Gardening Pests
- Construction Guide to Indoor Growing Systems
Enjoy our articles?
Subscribe to Modern Self-Reliance get our latest content by email.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.