- Ball Blue Book: Guide to Preserving for water-bath and pressure canning (softcover)
- Canning: No-Fuss Instruction Guide to Water-bath and Pressure Canning for reference (Kindle eBook)
- Food Preservation for the Urban Farmer: Canning, Dehydrating, Pickling, and Freezing for reference (Kindle eBook)
- Peterson Field Guides for plant identification
- Gardening When it Counts by Mother Earth News
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
I may earn a small commission from any link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about homesteading skills and preparedness.
- One Second After by William R. Forstrum. A fictional story meant to instruct on the possible societal reactions of an EMP event. (paper book)
- EMP: Electromagnetic Pulse. Protect Your Family and Survive Long After the EMP by Lauren Kelley. Resource for how to prepared for an EMP, what to stock, and how society might react. (eBook-Kindle)
- Power Outages: Ultimate Survival Guide for Urban Power Outages by Lauren Kelley at Modern Self-Reliance. Resource on surviving power outages for urban folks. (eBook-Kindle)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki General introduction to financial literacy, and financial independence.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker Study of the mindset that supports wealth vs mindsets that support continual poverty.
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco Cutting the bullshit on wealth building and laying a blueprint to financial freedom.
- The 4-hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss Redefining the concept of retirement, and how to create a dream-line. A timeline for your dreams.
- Good to Great by Jim Collins Defining what it means to be a good employee/company vs a great employee/company. The Hedgehog concept is to find what you can be the best in the world at, what you are passionate about and what best drives your economic engine in a simple concept.
- The Undercover Economist by Tim Hartford This book is a humorous introduction to the world of economics.
- A Whole New Mind by David Pink This book takes a look at the new socio-economics forces of the post information age that have the potential to transform the structure of the developed world’s job market.
Enjoy our articles?
Subscribe to Modern Self-Reliance get our latest content by email.