I may earn a small commission from any link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about homesteading skills and preparedness.
- Ball Blue Book: Guide to Preserving for water-bath and pressure canning (softcover)
- Canning: No-Fuss Instruction Guide to Water-bath and Pressure Canning for reference (Kindle eBook)
- Peterson Field Guides for plant identification
- Gardening When it Counts by Mother Earth News
- The Sage Soap Calculator for precise ratios of lye and oils
- Square Foot Gardening for minimum plant spacing by vegetable
- Massachusetts Fish + Wildlife for Hunter Education classes
- Technical High Schools for carpentry, welding, automotive, electrical, plumbing etc
- Minuteman Technical High School
- Shawsheen Technical Institute (welding)
- Greater Lowell Technical School
- Tri-County Regional Vocational Technical High School (carpentry, welding, house framing)
- Blue Hills Regional Technical School (also offer a extreme couponing course?)
- The Steel Yard for blacksmithing, welding, and pottery
- Russ Cohen for foraging and edible plants (walking tours)
- Bee School for Beekeeping
- Fox Maple School in Maine for timber framing workshops
- The Milk Shanty for milking classes, homemade cheese/butter
- Northeast Organic Farming Association for various homesteading skills: cheese, foraging, permaculture, etc.
- Southeastern Massachusetts Agricultural Partnership for chickens, gardening/farming, wine tastings, etc.
- EMP: Electromagnetic Pulse. Protect Your Family and Survive Long After the EMP by Lauren Kelley Resource for how to prepared for an EMP, what to stock and how society might react
- One Second After by William R. Forstrum A fictional story meant to instruct on the possible societal reactions of an EMP event.
- Urban Survival Site for preparedness and survival articles
- ThePrepperWebsite for preparedness articles + podcasts
- US Topographical Maps for geographic understanding (free)
- FEMA independent study training courses (free)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki General introduction to financial literacy, and financial independence.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker Study of the mindset that supports wealth vs mindsets that support continual poverty.
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco Cutting the bullshit on wealth building and laying a blueprint to financial freedom.
Enjoy our articles?
Subscribe to Modern Self-Reliance get our latest content by email.