Having all you family's important information gathered and in one place will save time. If you need to evacuate quickly, or have a medical emergency and quickly need to gather relevant documents, having them all in one place is very important. Here is a list of important information to gather:
- Birth certificate
- Social Security Number (card)
- Driver's license
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Bank Account Numbers
- 401k/IRA Information
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Primary Care Doctor
- Specialty Doctor (Physical therapist, OB-GYN, etc)
- Mortgage Paperwork
- Deeds/Titles (car, home, etc)
- Pictures of major purchases (computer, furniture, TV, cars, etc)
- History of medical issues (Including current medications)
- Emergency contacts
- Educational Transcripts and Degrees
- Vehicle Information (plate number, VIN, make, model, etc)
- Hunting education certificate/past hunting permits
- Gun registration
- License to Carry
It is a pain to gather all this information in one place, I know. But I also know how easy it is to reference the sheet quickly once it's created. All this information in one place is a great asset to your preparedness.
Important Information Storage
Electronic: Now that you have the information in a fancy Word Document, where do you store it? Electronic copies are great, but electronics can fail. Also store the information on multiple hard drives: your computer, USB thumb drive, back-up hard drive.
Hard copy: Paper copies are also important, if you can't get power for your devices. Keep a family binder with this important information in one handy place. I also keep a copy in my 72-Hr bag so I can grab and go.
What else do you keep in your family binder or reference sheet? Let us know below in the comments.